Published Oct 06, 2020As could be expected, the blockbuster movie calendar is getting a major rework as a result of COVID-19. After just learning that Denis Villeneuve's highly anticipated Dune is getting delayed all the way until 2021, Matt Reeves' anticipated The Batman The Batman is getting bumped to 2022.
Both films are being helmed by Warner Bros., who also made a pile of other notable changes. One change, however, brings slightly good news, as The Matrix 4 is now actually scheduled to arrive earlier than previously announced. The Keanu Reeves film has now been fit with a release date of December 22, 2021, instead of April 1, 2022.
Honestly, it's all getting pretty confusing at this point, especially now that The Flash, Shazam! 2 and more are also getting new release dates.
To help you keep track, here are all the recent changes to the Warner Bros. schedule:
● Dune moves from December 18, 2020, to October 1, 2021
● The Batman moves from October 1, 2021, to March 4, 2022
● The Matrix 4 moves from April 1, 2022, to December 22, 2021
● The Flash moves from June 3, 2022, to November 4, 2022
● Shazam! 2 moves from November 4, 2022, to June 2, 2023
● Black Adam moves from December 22, 2021, to TBD